What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Meadowbrook, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting brochures done, finally, took me long enough. I'm getting them printed on 67 lb. card stock, and full color (black, green, white; company colors) I'm getting 200 of them for $150 2 sided, which comes out to 37 1/2 cents per side. What do you think? Too much money? Good price? I personally thought that it was fair simply for the fact that I haven't found anybody who will do color copying for less than 75 cents per side. Just let me know, I'll be waiting :blob3:

Chris

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. Meadowbrook

The pricing seems like it comes out to around the same for both places, plus or minus a couple dollars. It seems like the 48 hr printing place charges a lil' bit less, but then when you factor in shipping, they come out just a bit higher. Which would even out eventually, because I spend a couple bucks in fuel running to drop off and pick up our brochures. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Also, one other thing Gopher, I like your Christmas invoices with santa on the mower, mighty nice designing! Keep up the great work!

Chris

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

put up an example of them to show us

5. Meadowbrook

I'd like to put it up for viewing but I created it in American Greetings Create-a-Card program, I'll try and figure out how to compress it and change it to a .bmp format so that I can load it on here. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my best.

Chris

6. mybabyciv

mybabyciv LawnSite Member

looks like a good brochure! good luck

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I do ours in-house on a HP laser jet, 44 lb. glassy stock, full color tri-fold both sides.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I like the idea of doing it yourself. The problem with sombody else making them and printing up 200 is that before you pass them all out you want to add or drop something on it. Printing them yourself you can print what you need and not have a bunch sitting around. The only problem I have is, a designer I am not.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly Matt...I have made a few minor changes over the years. I only print up like 25 at any one time too. Real easy.

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Intersting. cost-wise, are you coming out on top, Rod?

What are you doing your design in, and do you mind posting a flyer?