What do you guys use for log sheets??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CMLawnServices, Apr 16, 2006.

1. CMLawnServices

CMLawnServices LawnSite Member

I have been completing spring clean ups for the past couple weeks and have only encountered one problem. I need to create a log sheet of some type for each job that I perform just to make it easier on myself when it comes to billing time. Does anyone use a certain form that they could attach for me to get some ideas? Any comments will help. Im just trying to make the business as organized as I can. Thanks.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just create what you need with Word program...easy to do...
    Excel will work also.
    Just figure out what you need in each column and do it!!

3. Shadowrider

Shadowrider LawnSite Member

any examples?

4. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

Here is an example of a mileage log. Just change the file extension from .doc to .xls. I couldn't't figure out how to post an excel spread sheet. I write everything down on paper and then transfer it to a database. Include date, start time, finish time, location, amount due/paid, type of work done. The possibilities of what you personally want to track are limitless.

Attached Files:

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

well whatever document that is, is just a mess.

6. Aadman

Aadman LawnSite Member
    from VA

The document posted is not viewable. I have seen several on here already. My question is ...I noticed on most of them there is a spot for beginning mileage and one for ending mileage. Is there an IRS requirement for this or can you just use
    a total mileage? If I click my odometer to zero at the begining of the day and at the end of the day it says 12.4, Can I just use the 12.4?

Joe

7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at using "Groundskeeper" or "Gopher" for my scheduling, billing and invoicing program. Wouldn't this program provide what you need?​

8. Burch's Lawn Care  LLC

Burch's Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Member

no its not, right click and save as, change the doc to xls just like he said and click save, document works just fine.