What do you guys use to clean your decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I have a john deere Z-trak and I always want to keep it clean and I was curious what you guys use to clean the deck mainly on top the painted portion Ive tried simple green and my 3000psi pressure washer but I was curious if there was a trick you guys know of other than just good old elbow grease thanks alot!
  2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Water and a scrub brush work well. Wet mower down let it soak for a few minutes while you do some other task, then scrub and rinse. Works great!
  3. olfrt

olfrt LawnSite Member

pressure washer ain't good for those spindles and greased area's especially if it's hot. pushes water into them. It will raise havoc with the electrical connections after a while to. Blow the grass and dirt off and let it cool before you wash it with low pressure water.
  4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I get it wet, let it soak, then soapy scrub brush or burlap scraps work great too.
    Too bad they don't paint decks the color of grass juice!
    underneath I scrape, sometimes pressurewash, (but then you have to clean up swampy grass piles) and spray with wd-40,
    I'm thinking of trying wax.. Anyone have luck with these anti stick elixers?

DEERETEE LawnSite Member
    from CHICAGO

TUF ENUF industial stength solvent. HOT WATER AND HIGH PRESSURE. stay away from bearings. This stuff works very well. Sold by LESCO service centers or local boat yards. Used to clean canvas sails. Imix some in a poly sprayer and keep handy for cleanup.:angel: