1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys wear

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by christoff, Dec 13, 2004.

1. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

for pants what do you wear? jeans? dickie's? other

for shirts what do you guys wear? sweater with logo on it? any old sweater?

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

a gray T-shirt (hopefully one with a company logo on it after I design one), jean shorts and a belt. if I weed whacking I'll wear chaps over my jeans.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I wear Pointer Bib Overauls and I got 6 polo shirts from Cabelas all the same color. I didnt go for a logo on my shirts because of wearing Bibs they cover up most of the area that you would see for advertising
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I wear Charcoal colored cargo/utility shorts made of Carhart style material.
    They are tuff, useful, hide dirt well and look good.

On top, I wear red polo/golf shirts.

Me and all my equipment match.

As far as cold weather wear goes, I need to upgrade there. I used to wear black work clothes, but have since went to the 'service uniform' look. Navy pants, light blue button shirt, navy jacket and hat. Just brand name uniforms. I don't like the look though and they are not all that warm.

If I continue to run red gear next year, I will go for some warm charcoal bottoms and find some sort of red tops. Maybe heavy pull-overs, something...
  5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Carhartt jeans
    Merrill hikers
    Cabelas shirts/windbreakers and jackets w/embroidery.

Cabelas is great if you are considering some clothing. Not sure how the pants are but I can vouch for the uppers.
  6. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

weather permitting I wear khaki cargo shorts with a gray t-shirt with my logo on front and back. When temps drop I wear blue jeans, co. t-shirt and jacket which has company name on front. Wearing shorts can be rough on the legs when trimming, but I prefer that to wearing jeans all summer.
  7. cajunboy

cajunboy LawnSite Member

I wear Khaki shorts and gray shirt with logo on front and print on back. Winter- Blue jeans and same shirt with jacket and usually shed jacket about noon.
  8. JCW-G

JCW-G LawnSite Member

Carhartt is what to wear when you want your clothes to last.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

in the winter we wear carhart tan bibs and tan carhart coat with hood . working on the uniforms right now . they will be charcoal with red around the neck and red around the bands of the arms with khaki shorts. after weed eating for a few years the only rocks that hurt are the ones in 2 inch diameter
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Used to wear Dickies pants and long sleeve shirts. Breathed better than jeans in summer and allowed more freedom of movement.