1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you include in your lawn renovations???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scagman, Jan 9, 2002.

1. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what everyone includes in their renovations, and what order that you do these in. I include aerating, thatching, overseed, rolling and starter fertilizer. I only did 3 renovations last year (my first year) and as for seeding I wasn't really sure what to use so I would just use pacific northwest blend I live around the seattle area in WA. Im wondering if that was a mistake any imput on this would be helpful thankyou.

2. We pretty much include what you do except dethacting most of the time ,because we use a matteway overseeder.only If the thatch is reel thick will we dethatch .Since we use a slit seeder we dont roll the lawn.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Scagman,

You should be running the thatcher first and clean-up prior to aerating. Then go ahead w/ seed, lime, fertilizer and I would recommend a light coating of peat moss in real bare areas to aid in moisture retention, prevent a little wash and keep the birds at bay;) .

Bob

4. What ever the lawn needs to get green and lush.

It can very from lawn to lawn.