What do you keep in your truck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by archie, Jun 11, 2004.

1. archie

archie LawnSite Member

Hey All,

I am trying to come up with a checklist of all the things to keep in your truck while you are working (certain tools, first aid kit, etc). I thought I'd put the question out there to see what you all think.

So... what do you keep in your trucks.

Thanks in advance.

Arch

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Assorted screw drivers, alan-wrenchers, a few kinds of hammers, shovels and stuff like that. 3 tow straps and a bunch of ratchet straps.

I also keep a 2 gallon thing of roundup and a 2 gallon thing of brush killer in the bed of my truck in case I go and do and estimate that will require those liquids. That way, since I'm already there I can go ahead and spraay everything down without wasting another trip. Found that to be time saving.

Also a few tarps as well incase i get really muddy I can put those on the rubber floormats in the truck so the mud wont slide off and get on the carpet.

Dont really carry a first aid kit, I make do with what I have on me. (ie just let it bleed).

If you just have a basic set of tools on you that will take apart your pieces of equipment, that'll be just fine.

Maybe a portable air compressor as well for airing up wb tires if you have walkbehinds.

3. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

Hand pruners, loppers, first aid kit, water, extra socks, sweats, rain gear, towel, tooth brush kit, beer.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Extra shirts, tools, lots of water.

5. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

You never know when you can use fix a flat,

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

first aid kit, rain gear, a few beach towels, fire extinguisher, too many hand tools to list, recovery strap, bungy cords, extra blades for the mower and edger, trimmer buttons already strung and ready to go, battery jump start/air compressor/emergency light (all in one), extra motor oil, hydro oil, filters, tarps, headphones, flyers, and a partidge in a pear tree

7. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

my 9 :gunsfirin and a pack of smokes

8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

business card toilet paper electrical tape duck tape phone book pads of paper

9. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Add a measuring wheel to your list.

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Really don't keep a whole lotta tools and stuff other than the essentials. I try to keep my equipment well maintained and just plan for unpredictables like getting stuck and emergencies: toilet paper, 5 gallon bucket normally used for trash because you never know.