What do you know about BadBoyMowers ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SuperFast, Nov 21, 2005.

1. SuperFast

SuperFast LawnSite Member
    from Tenn

Im looking to get there 27hp 52" cut mower. It is call Pup model here is website www.Badboymowers.com

Do you think it is a good mower ?

How would it compare to other mowers ?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I heard it is designed by some people who used to work for dixie chopper. How long has the dealer sold them, because I have noticed the dealers dont stick with them very long at all. I wouldnt buy one.

3. SuperFast

SuperFast LawnSite Member
    from Tenn

I will call them in them in the moring. I think they have had them for a while

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

They were not designed by EX Dixie Chopper employees, Two D.C. Salesman left and went to work for them as salesmen. They sold my Boss on the Dixies a year before then came by with one of them on the trailer. Me and the Boss looked it over and sent them packing.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

They look awsome, but without enough good dealers to go around, they will be crap. This is why alot of the other mowers don't "catch on" b/c of a lack of good dealers

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

it depends on your area. im in Tampa & Inever have even seen Badboy.My uncle has a big outfit 80 miles away in Ocala & they are big there.he has one and he said it is ok but its not a Chopper

7. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

So much for them not being around long. Have you folks ever noticed how word of mouth advertising effects your business. People say good things about your business and you stay coverd up in work, someone says something bad about your business and then you end up having to look for work. Folks, its the same for the badboy mowers. There are just to many people that have never seen the machine, much less demo'ed one, that want to badmouth the mowers. I wonder why that is, do these people think they are gaining points on a web forum for posting percieved popular trendy statements. If so these people really need to get a life. There is nothing wrong with posting factual information about a product but if you havent seen the product and have never tried the product, any statement you can make about the product is a lie that is only being spoken because you think you are impressing someone that you dont even know. I would much rather hear opinions from someone that actually owns the mowers, or at least demoe'd one, than from someone that doesnt even know what color they are.

I have seen the mowers altho I have never tried one, I like the looks of the machine and will try one out next spring. Until then, I dont have an opinion of the mowers.

8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We have 5 Bad Boys in our fleet. Here are a few reasons we have Bad Boys.

1. The accessibility to all parts of the mower.

2. Deck is a 1/4" steel, no other mower has a deck as strong.

3. Electric lift for height adjustment. No more clumsy peddles to adjust deck.

4. Pumps & wheel motors are larger in Bad Boys than any other mowers.

5. Cooling system on the hydro extends life of hydro.

6. Bad Boys are almost a no maintenance machine.

9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer picked them up in the spring. I have yet to demo one, but a guy that cuts a lot of cemeteries in my are used to be Dixie Chopper obsessed. He bought a Bad Boy this spring and says he'll never own a Dixie again. He loves them.

10. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 27HP Bad Boy Lightening Z. It is the same as the PUP except the PUP is air cooled.

It is proving to be an awesome machine from a durability/reliability standpoint and I would not trade it for anything.

The only bad thing that I would say about it is that if you do not already have experience operating a Z mower, it would not be a good one to learn on. It is very fast with sensitive controls. I have operated two other Z's so it was not a problem, but I feel sorry for someone who plans on a BAD BOY being their first Z.

I have a fabulous dealer. They handle DC, Gravely and Bad Boy. They have sold a number of BAD BOYS and I noticed recently that they added a good bit to their inventory.

The folks at the Bad Boy factory are awesome people to deal with. That may be because they are relatively small. When they get bigger some of that company personality might change, but for now they treat their customers well and they are growing at a good rate.

As a previous poster indicated, it is really interesting that there are people that have the NERVE to bad mouth a product that they know very little about. Based solely on a demo I might talk about how a product performed, but making such broad negative statements about a company not being able to survive is nothing more than crystal ball reading and it is not fair to ANY company to make such unsubstantiated statements. But I guess there are A$$HOLES in every group.

Good luck,
    Doc