What do you know about Kawasaki blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harperservices, Nov 15, 2002.

1. harperservices

harperservices LawnSite Member

Buy a back-pack blower today. Looking at the Echo PB 403 or the Pb 603.

Lesco wants to sell me a Kawasaki blower.

Never knew that Kawasaki had blowers and are they any good?

2. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

give you three good choices ... Shindiawa eb 630, RedMax eb7000, Echo pb 650 ... I would pick from those ... if you can't find them, the fourth would be Sthil br 420.
  3. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have a Kawi blower. I think it is a kbp 400. Anyway, had it for about 4 years now and I like it. Very strong and it always starts. What more can you ask for?
  4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I cannot tell you about the Kawasaki, but as far as the PB403 vs 603, I would go with the 603. I have the Echo PB602 (left hand throttle version of the 603) and like it very much. The 403 is the most popular around here, but the 602/603 has more CFM and MPH. Around here the 602/603 costs less than the 403.

I have a local lco friend of mine who has a 403 that is on its last legs and borrowed my 602 for a day. He used the 602 and was amazed at its power compared to the 403. I told him he should look at the 650 before he makes a decision, though.
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the KRB700B from Kawi that I bought from Lesco in mid-summer. So far I can't say enough good things about it. It's extremely powerful (see pic), it starts easily, it's more comfortable than the BR400 it replaced. I paid $470 for it.
  6. mowerman90

Opps, forgot the pic

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Ok, mowerman, please tell us how you got our blower..er... mower to do that!
  8. mowerman90

Simple. Just aim the blower tube at the bottom edge of the mower and pull the throttle. Whoosh........up she goes.
  9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, I was born in the night, but not LAST night.

Good joke. :D
  10. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I'm going to buy a back pack blower sometime before spring. I would like to get the best one money can buy. Unfortunately,I'll be lucky if I can afford to look at the best buy for the money.:(
    That is what I will be doing though I'M sure. Now who has the best machine for the money. Was going to say best blower for the money. :eek: but thought naa. Then couldn't resist :D )

Any way has any body used a ..........
    Fradan Backpack Blower
    Product #: BB-51
    41cc Commercial Grade Blower! Over 600 CFM @ 240 MPH! This blower is 67 decibels quiet and it will run over 3 hours on a tank of fuel. Electronic ignition. Self cleaning air filter requires minimum maintenance.
    Retail Price: $459.95
    Our Price: $389.00
    Is this a good deal? Has this company been around very long I'VE never heard of them before.