What do you know about spyker

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mean green, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mean green

mean green LawnSite Member
    from okc

Just wondering if anyone had any feed back about spykers model 48 stainless spreader

2. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

If memory serves me corresctly. I know that Spyker was started by the gentleman (I believe his name is Spyker) who developed the cyclone spreaders. I believe he was unhappy with where cyclone was going with them quality and such. He left cyclone waited a few years and started his own company and went for quality. Sorry don't know any more. that was years ago. I Live about 5-6 miles from the earthway factory and buy earthway or am happy with the lesco as well.

3. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Spyker is the best spreader on the market if you care about a true pattern, no other spreader has a better design, the gear box spins clocwise instead of counter and the slide is a full opening slide, it doesn't get any better.

4. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

you can get a 2008 magnum with this spyker setup for 6499.00 custom built and well worth it.

5. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member

The spyker system for adjusting granule distribution is one of the best on the market. You can get a very even left to right spread pattern. You will have to replace the spinner plates regularly as they wear, depending on how much you use it. We have had a number of model 78 and loved them all.

GC