1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Do You Listen To?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike's All Season Service, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guy listen to while spending those seem to be never ending days on the mower. what kind of hearing protection do you wear? What kind of music do you listen to? I have PELTOR hearing protection with built in fm tuner. My cousin has his Ipod and puts plain ear muffs over it, seems like it wouldnt be loud enough for me but it works.

I bring this up because yesterday i forgot my PELTOR muffs at home and hand to snag a regular pair from the truck. that i think was the worst mowing day i have ever had. It seemed so long and frusterating:hammerhead:

What are your thoughts?
  2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear the peltors too.... Here in my area we have a radio station that plays some music but mainly talk shows that are funny - like the typical morning show most radio stations have - I listen to that mostly.

I know what you mean about having a boring day on the mower without music.....

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Man we have about 10 pair in the shop am/fm ear muffs in the cool weather it's a have to listen to the tunes,in the heat i have used ear plugs protect your body ears,shoulders from the sun.
  4. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

I find myself laughing out loud to some of those talk shows and people look at me like im an idiot.:laugh:
  5. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

I like to listen to podcasts on my mp3 player. I too have been caught laughing on the rider looking silly.
  6. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

I just use plugs, all the low limbs i usually have to mow around would probably jerk earmuffs off my head. To me mowing is like riding a motorcycle you can clear your head and all you have to concentrate on is what your doing, But im sure listening to a radio every now and then would be nice though.
  7. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

what podcasts?
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Everything from Creed and Nickleback to Gerorge Strait. I like a mix.

9. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

Mainly Dawn and Drew and This Week in Tech
  10. tru turf

tru turf LawnSite Member

i listen to my ipod!