what do you mow you lawn with

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was driving home from burger king today, and saw this guy mowing his lawn. he had a 16' trailer full of top grade equipment & 2 large z's. and he was mowing his 1/4 acre lawn with somthing like this.....
    [​IMG]
    so what do you use to mow your own lawn with?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Sentimental Value maybe?

I mow mine with my 22'' toro PPS.

Works fine and lets me bag the small front and back yard. Used to mow with the 44z but it ruts too easily now.

3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I use my super z 60". And bag it. By the time I get around to my own yard I'm ready to get it over with.

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I've always used my snapper rear engine rider on mine... Its probably almost 13 years old now. I bought it when I was 15 for $400 off of an old man, and mowed around the neighborhood with it for money. I don't have a business right now, but when I did, I still used my Snapper on my lawn. Not sure if I'll ever get rid of it. I guess I'm still attached.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i use whats in the picture-a snapper rider. its such a pos that i dont use it anywhere else except for leaf cleanups . i figure i need to get some use out of it for all the $ i spent on it. nearly worthless as a grass cutter

6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Yeah, they're good at sucking leaves.

7. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

A 22" Toro w/b or 36" J/D w/b

Alot better than 25 Chinese dudes with scissors. :rolleyes:

as mentioned in a post a few days ago.

8. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I had a rear engine rider like that when I got started in business I had a murray 10 horse with a 30 inch mowing deck I used to call it the forest gump mower lol

9. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

i cut my lawn with a 8year old oulan push mower, and i bag it.

10. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I have a lawn that's 8' by 42' with a small concrete slab on part of it that I mow with my JD 145. Sometimes when I already have it out, or don't want to move it to get to the 145, I use the 72" JD777. It took a little under 3 min the last time I timed it!