1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you not like about Snapper ZTR's

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Popeye77, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I just bought the Snapper S50x. In comparison with Hustler Sport,Exmark Xl the Snapper has a better engine FX vs FH Series. Better transmission than the Hustler and the same as Exmark. Better deck than either of them (it is a commercial grade mower). Three year warranty. Similar scag has FH motor same transmission but a $1000 higher. Granted the Scag is a better built machine than any of the previous ones listed but does a homeowner really need it.

I would like to be educated. I have either missed something or there is a some reason to stay away from Snapper (too late now for me).
    Signed
    Confused

2. MS_SURVEYOR

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you need to run the fool out of that Snapper. Spring's coming soon. I don't own one. Nor have I've ever mowed with one. I've looked at them. Snappers seem simple and clean.

Good Luck!

3. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It's gonna get a workout this next weekend. Gonna cut about 4 acres that hasn't been cut in about 9 mos. I am going to run it a a little this week before i put it to work

4. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the higher end Snapper stuff is made by the same company that makes Ferris. It's all owned by Briggs and Stration.