1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you offer your clients?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 10, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

besides services, do you sell things to your clients? i talked about selling ferts. how bout- trees and shrubs? an example is...i can get a 2.5" cal healthy plum tree for $125. if a customer bought this tree himself, to install himself, it would cost him roughly $275 + a delivery fee of $35= $310. i could pick it up, and drop it off, and sell it to him for $250. container or small b&b shrubs would cost him $25 a piece. i get them for $12-$14. i could re-sell for $21. how bout ice melt products. how bout produce? i got about 12 bushels of tomatoes from my small garden this year. if i level half the property, i could offer "fresh local grown non pesticide containing produce". how bout that? tomatoes anyone? eggplant? green bell peppers? i AM A GENIUS! any thoughts on this?
  2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Very creative of you -- modern day huckster. Not to put you down at all by calling you a modern day huckster. When I was in college taking Business Principles I believe the definition of a huckster was -- a person who sells vegetables from a horse drawn cart.

Keep up the good work Bobbygedd supply the customers with anything you have and get what they want if you don't have it (if at all possible).

Now I know why New Jersey is called the "Garden State".

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing stopping you BG is your imagaination...
  4. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I really dont think it's his imagination thats stopping him from doing anything.

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Roddy, thats not what is stopping him - Its what drives him!!!! Alas, the most read LS poster ever. What will he come up w/ next, the next cliff hanger ... to be continued...
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I dont thing a lack of imagination is something he has to worry about.
  7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i look for anything i can sell them, from filling in a big dip in the lawn and reseeding, to hedges and shrubs, gutter cleaning, a camel if i notice they need one.... :p
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

:cool2: payup payup payup :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: