What do you pay for mulch???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by General Grounds, Mar 22, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: hey guys, nows the time to buy mulch and i was curious to see what you guys pay for mulch. i happen to buy my mulch from a tree service who recycles, it triple ground very dark if not black and 100% natural with no construction woods(pallets,timbers), very very clean, and i pay $10 a yard picked up. thanks Tony
  2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

$17 dbl/shred delivered to customer site....I don't like delivering it unless I have to...you have a great price...and if its dark with no junk wood... even better....been trying to find dark mulch for my own property but no luck...it all fades out no matter how much they charge per yard...tried oak bark once....very nice and VERY EXPENSIVE
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We buy bulk and bagged from Morse Bro's and Maine mulch company. Maine mulch has almost perfect mulch, dark stays dark all season and can be fluffed over in late summer or early fall and will look new agian. Our costs are different from bulk to bagged but we also go through 3-4 trailer trucks a year! Dark blend runs $14.75 bulk and $17.25 bagged , light blend $13.50 bulk and $16.25 bagged, red ceder $16.25 bulk and $19.25 bagged. Prices will and do vary depending on load size and delivery date and are average prices. Retail we sell dark for $23.95 a yard bulk or $25.95 a yard bagged and a bagged does go further then bulk! Red cer we get more. Try a yahoo search and see if any of these locations offer trucking service to you and also request a sample pack. www.morsebrothers.com
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Thats a great price It's running at $13 yd in 50 yd lds here
  5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like I said the prices do vary on dates ordered! But we feel its great prices for the high quility of mulch they provide! It also helps keep our costs down which then relate to lower costs for the client or consumer!
  6. RoyeDillon

RoyeDillon LawnSite Member

Wow! I'm paying at a minimum in K.C. Mo. $28/yd for cedar mulch. in our area I don't use anything else do to termite's. Of course I don't go through truck loads a year. Probably 50 yds last year.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Man, im paying higher around here. Even with a landscapers discount im paying $23 for pine bark, $27 for spruce and i think $33 for cedar.
  8. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

$19 per yard for double shredded hard wood bark mulch picked up. We buy it as we need it in 5 to 6 yd loads.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

$23 for hardwood, $35 for cedar and $38 for Hemlock... I'm moving....
  10. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

General Grounds

Are you buying from Coffman Tree?? If not where? We buy from a couple places and just talked to a salesman from Northern NJ and claims that he has tree parts mulch, no wood/pallets and they sell it for $7.50 a yard for double ground, and they also have colors red, brown, black, yellow and green for $15.50 a yard. I told him I want MSDS on the colored mulches as well as samples and pictures of their facility. He said ok I should have them this week.