What do YOU pay for SEO services?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ef200098, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

Always go with someone you trust. Otherwise your going to be constantly wondering if they're doing what your paying them to do.

Talk to other business owners in your area and see what has and hasn't worked for them. Overall your true measure of how well SEO is working is going to be the amount of calls you receive from it.

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

The answers to this question should really depend on the market someone is in. In a large competitive market (like mine) some companies are paying well over $1000/month for their SEO. That is in addition to what they pay for website design and management. They just view this as part of overhead- they don't plan on ever stopping the SEO. Seems to me, that in a market like that, you could probably do just as well with Adwords and focus on your landing pages.

In a small market it should not take nearly that much effort to rank well. If you spend a week this winter doing some reading you can acquire a passable knowledge of the basics. With this knowledge you could farm out SEO tasks to different services. For example, pay one person to make sure your website is fundamentally sound for local search. Pay someone else (Yext or Whitespark.com) to do citation work. In most small markets this would get you to page one for the most important keywords.

But- this is just my impressions. I am by no means an expert :)

3. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I tought myself how to do the basic seo stuff and get good results. You will be surprise what you can achieve by trying stuff yourself and googling around.

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

It's the same reason a large percentage of mowing customers pay someone else to do it for them. Sure, they could do it, they even have that shiny Honda mower sitting in the garage, but is it the best utilization of their time?