What do you pay your employee's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Leprechaun, Apr 10, 2004.

1. The Lawn Leprechaun

The Lawn Leprechaun LawnSite Member

Just checkin to see what everybody pays there help? I have 3 main guys that I pay between $20,000-$40,000 a year and 5-8 other guys that make roughly $5,000-$10,000 a year. I pay about $130,000 in wages to my employee's a year. Does anybody pay salary to their employee's?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

i pay by the hour.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Me too, pay by the hour.

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

by the hour except for crew leaders.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have one full time employee right now and I am hireing a part timer soon the full time guy gets a salary and the part timer will get paid hourly.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Workers are $15 per hour
    Foremen are $20 per hour

7. culand

culand LawnSite Member

Pay by the hour> part timers > $7.50 to $10.75
    Foreman <> $15.50 to $23.75 @ a base of 50 hr. week (summer) any more time $.75 to $1.50 phr .
    CULTURAL LANDSCAPE

8. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Two full time guys paid hourly.

They are paid $9.50 an hour each with a $100.00 bonus each week if they make the quota, which 90% of the time they do.

I pay 100% of their insurance. Hospital, dental and vision. I know that their pay is not the greatest in the industry. But I would rather that they have decent benifits at a lower pay scale than a higher pay scale and nothing to help them should they or a family member fall ill or something.

As far as working. I try to get them 40 hours a week if at all possible. No work days (rain, lack of work, etc) I go ahead and pay them 2 hours.

9. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Are you hiring? :D

$6.50 hr No experience and no D/L
    $7.00 hr No experience with a D/L

$8.50-$9.00 hr 1-3 yrs experience with a D/L
    $9.00-10.00 hr 3+ yrs experience

Foremen $10.00-$15.00 a hour

I moved these rates up this season. And by the way my pay is considered high for this area.

10. 1acreplus

1acreplus LawnSite Member

Part time labor, $8.00/hr no experience, to $12.00/hr if they really know their stuff.

Bonuses:
    $1/hr bonus if quotas are met (judged weekly)
    $1/hr bonus at the end of the season (lump sum) if you're on-time 100% (no sick days, and not late to jobs)

smoke on the job or in one of my trucks, or show up under the influence of drugs/alcohol, and you're fired, period.

We do pre-hire and random drug tests. (this lowers my insurance! Check with your agent!)