What Do You Think Abou This !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shaughnessylawn, Feb 21, 2005.

1. shaughnessylawn

shaughnessylawn LawnSite Member

LOADHANDLER 3000 Pickup Truck Unloader HAS ANYONE USED ONE AND IS IT NICE AND WORTH IT? I HAVE A DUMP TRAILER BUT I WAS THINKING I MIGHT GET ONE FOR WHEN I NEED TO GET A SMALL LOAD THEY HAVE A 200LBS FOR 56 DOLLARS AND 3000LBS FOR 95 DOLLARS

2. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

A friend of mine has one and uses it to deliver split firewood and loves it. I have seen it used once and it did it what it is suppose to do.

3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I got one and they are great for the price, Especially doing leaf cleanups or when you have to bag grass. I hate putting all that on the trailer along with the all the machinery, gets crowded really quick. But throw it in the truck, crank it out, and then use the leaf blower and get the rest.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Best investment I have made. Cut my truck dump time from 15-20 min to 3 minutes max. Do it unless you have a insert. That is my next purchase for next year. One step at a time.

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get one. They are awesome. I got mine last spring and I dont know how I ever got by without it. It does everything it is supposed to do. A great investment for not a lot of money.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

:D I just got one for my step dad at Christmas. He's always getting mulch and yard stuff, and has a hard time unloading due to bi lateral shoulder surgeries. He never wants to ask me to deliver anything for him and mom, so I figured it may be worth the 90 bucks i paid for it. We'll see here as soon as it warms up, he's waiting to get it installed

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Anybody use a LoadHandler for a 5X10 trailer? If so, how did you mount the brackets for the take-up spool?

8. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

Honestly - i dont care for those. Insert is the best way to go. But for the money - it could be useful for small loads. I used one for a year and it was a pita. try to unload topsoil. they say it works, but if your only loaded with a 1/2 yard??

9. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

Can anyone put up the picture of it?

10. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have pulled 2 solid yards of top soil out of my 3/4 ton with absolutely no problems. You better work those bicepts out Scaper. j/k :)

When you do have a real heavy load you do have to clean out behind the wheelwells from time to time. But I can honestly say I have had my truck loaded as far as I would ever want to load it, and had no problems.