What do you think about Ferris?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xdallairex, Mar 25, 2008.

1. xdallairex

xdallairex LawnSite Member

Hey guys! Im looking at getting a Ferris zero turn with 21hp Kawasaki eng. 48inch cut. Anyone have any input about this mower?

2. capitalturf

capitalturf LawnSite Member
    from JC, MO

Our Ferris gets used and abused on all the ruff terrain. the independent suspensions makes it much smoother and less fatigue. Ours is a 60in cut and since we bag doesn't get used as much as i would like. Ours is heavy and that one maybe as well. We have had very few problems over the past 3 years with it and it takes a beating. good machine

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

my company has had over 20 ferris machines in the past 14 years. very reliable and well built units.

4. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have two Ferris units and agree with rodfather...

5. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

i run 5 of them 2 is2000 1 is1500 and 2 36 hydro i love everything about them awsome machines never had any problems with any of them they cut very well i dont bag exept the fall for leafs i have the dump from set bagger for 2 of the machine its pricy for the bagger but what isnt in this field the 36's i have rack em catchers that work very well just wish they would hold more .

6. xdallairex

Thank you for the input guys! I was told from a local dealer the Ferris 21hp 48" deck will cost me 7,399+tax
    sound about right?:canadaflag:

7. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

is that a is500 or a is1500 if its the 1500 then yes its good price but i would try and work that alittle if it the 500 then no

8. xdallairex

Ya its the (is15000zkav2148) for 7399$:canadaflag:

9. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

sounds good i would try and get something like 500 more off but u might not be able to depending on ur dealer i buy all my stuff from 1 place i spend a lot of money there and he gives me a better deal he knows i well always go there to get what i need just return bizz is what it comes down to

10. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

u well like the 1500 but u might like the 2000 more