1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about Quicks?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by born again, Dec 3, 2009.

1. born again

born again LawnSite Member

This was my first year with my mowing business and i loved it. I have been learning a lot through this webpage and i am very thankful for the time that you take to give out information. I am new to the website and my first question would be about equipment.

What do you guys think about quick mowers... i just need all the info you can give me... thankyou in advance.
  2. ahh, your talking about mowers, I thought you was talking about quickies.
  3. SW Services

SW Services LawnSite Member

:laugh::laugh: Excellent!!!!!!!!
  4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

I thought about buying one a few years ago. Talked to the owner of the equip company that services most of my equipment about it. He said biggest problem would be getting parts to get something fixed if something did break. Could put me way behind waiting for parts to be ordered and shipped. So I didnt buy. But I think they at least appear to be pretty good mowers.
  5. born again

Thankyou.... that's what i have been thinking. There is not too many places to go for service or parts.
  6. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

i have been seriously considering one lately. currently i have a 54 jd tractor and a 21 push. i have READ (not SAID) several times on this site that the only people who really appreciate the quicks are the people stepping up from 21" push mowers. now i'm looking into exmarks and scags, but i havent COMPLETELY forgotten about the quicks, who knows. personally, if i was to buy a quick it'd def be the dually.
  7. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

just to clarify, what i meant is wht ive heard is that the quicks really cant compare to the big name hydro wb's
  8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

How about considering total mower length...or mower weight coupled with wheel/tire width? If these attributes are important (for any reason) - then a Quick is nearly in a class of its own.

NWALAWNS LawnSite Member

I currently have a Quick 32 single hydro that I have used for about a year and a half. It has been an excellent mower. If you get one get the service package for it so if something breaks you can fix it with out being down waiting on a part. I am getting Quick 36 Dually for 2010 and keeping my old 32. I would get the Dually if you can. Only problems I have had with mine have been operator negligence. I broke the hand controls by running it in to things, outside of that I have had no issues with it. As for belts and blades you can get them locally, you don't have to get them from Better Outdoor Products.
  10. born again

Thankyou guys... that helps a bunch.