1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about these skids?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wemfan, Apr 8, 2010.

1. wemfan

wemfan LawnSite Member

I found 3 skidsteers at a local equipment auction today. Tell me what you think about them.

Bobcat 753G This machine had only 205 hours on it. It looked extremely clean with no issues that I could see. It sold for $12500.

Cat-226B 2007 hours. Clean but shows some age. This one didn't make reserve of $12000 so it didn't sell. The owner walked up to talk to me and said the machine is solid and he would still like to sell it. I can still get this machine at something below $12000.

Cat-232B 2004 This skid looked almost new but the hour meter didn't work which is odd. It sold for $13500. I probably should have pulled the trigger on that one.

What do you guys think of these deals? I hesitated to buy the Bobcat because the Cats had more horsepower and I liked the pilot controls better than the foot controls. After seeing the 232B sell for $13500 I didn't want to bid over the $12500 bid for the 753G.

What do you guys think of these deals and comparisons from machine to machine? I am trying to educate myself as much as I can before I buy a skidsteer but I am going to have to acquire one pretty soon. I don't really want to spend much over $15k.

They are all open cab machines. Thanks for the opinions....