What do you think about this mower purchase?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Aug 7, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw this on ebay and bidded on it thinking I would get out bidded. No one else bidded on it, hummm, perhaps no one saw it or something. Can anyone tell me of something I didnt know about this mower at this price or did I do alrite. I know a guy that has a Great Dane rider & likes it.this
    I can use a mower of this size & price seems good to me

2. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

How much is shipping gonna cost you?

I've only seen the Great Dane Standers being used around here...they look like freakin' tanks tho. What does that WB cost new?

Seems like you got a great deal...let us know how the transaction works out.

An interesting note. My Gravely dealer told me a coupla years back, that the guy who was running Gravely, sold that company and started Great Dane so he could build the ultimate in mowers. My Dealer was pretty high on this guy, saying you could find him underneath mowers workin' on them all the time. Dunno how much of that story is/was accurate...but, he sure was sold on Great Danes.

Good luck, keep us informed.

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

It is only a few hours from here & I will go get it this week while my workers are mowing so we wont get behind or anything

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Pj, great buy. Saw it's in Ohio. If you're coming anywhere close to Columbus i'd love to meet you. I'll PM you with my phone numbers in case your interested.