What do you think about while mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greendave, Nov 12, 2004.

1. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Ok guys and gals, lets have it. Sometimes, when I'm doing several accounts at one time, I may be on the Z for up to an hour or more mowing. My mind wanders, I think about all kinds of stuff. Whether you wear ear protection with no sound, or even a radio headset, where does your mind go? What do you think about? Be honest!

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

After that much time I just kinda wake up and all the grass is cut. After you been on the property for 8-10 years the mowers just kinda go by themselves. No need to stay awake for that long and try to think about something. I usually use the time my girlfriend is yelling at me to do my thinking. ;)

3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

i was mowing a huge field once after lunch at taco bell.. I was about a 100 yards from the woods hammering at 10 mphs..... Sweating...... stomach was gergling... I promised God I would never eat taco bell again if he allowed me to make it to those woods.... The situation was diverted and I havent had taco bell since....

4. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Sex and how to obtain it. Secondly, how to make things more efficient, which clients to keep/drop. Things like that.

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i usally get a stupid song in my head.... and my day is ruined! The other day, the DAMN "Different Strokes" theme song?? where the hell did that come from? picture yourself mowing back and fourth...

"Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
    what might be right for you, may not be right for some.
    A man is born, he's a man of means.
    Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans." :dizzy:

a week or so ago, it was "B.J. and the Bear".

"rolling down to dallas, my wheels supply my palace,
    off to new orleans, or who knows where..." :cool:

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like FGA said, sometimes i catch myself singing, dont know how long i have been doing it or were it came from.
    Other times i start then you "wake up" and poof! your done. (i like that)
    Or i think about money, trucks, mowers, blowers, accounts i want or am doing next
    Or about how the dude just when flying by flipped me off , then i spend the rest of the day memorizing his car and plate # and plan how i will revenge myself if i ever see him. :angel:

8. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I think about my real job.....

and how I'd rather be doing this full time.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i think about what my 5th grade teacher said, "robbie, you will never amount to anything." then it hits me....she was right

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually listen to talk radio on my Peltors. Sometimes the people that call in are toooo funny. They think they have a grip, but most of them have no clue. This keeps my mind pretty busy.