What do you think about Yazoo-Kees?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeereHauler, Mar 16, 2008.

1. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i bought some new red max equipment for this year and the dealer carries this yazoo kees, as well as others. I was thinking about a new walk behind, and there was a 48" hydro unit there. i was very impressed with its design, and parts. I have had good luck with the kawasaki engines before, but this is a brand i don't have any expierence around. let me know what you think, only if you used one, i don't need opinions if you never touched one.

i hope to get some demo time with it during the dealer open house.

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a mega max! Good machine just had bad support by the distribator and Yazoo! It is to bad Yazoo has nearly died in this area!

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we had the old walk behinds that had rapid height deck adjustment on the fly and loved them, but they dont compare to the new generation of mowers. i think they are a good machine especially now with newer technology and the use of less pulleys. the older models often had too many moving parts imo. but i have no experience with the newer ones, we switched to standers.

4. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of the 48" hydro walkbehinds and love it but its for sale. Unfortunatelty with the new contracts I've got this year I need a bigger ztr. How much were they asking for a new one? Mine is for sale and has only been used 4-5 times. PM me if you are interested, i will assist with shipping

5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

not too sure about what kind of dealer support they have in your area, but Yazoo-Kees is a Husqvarna owned brand.

6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

see i have a really good dealer who sells yazookees and a couple other brands and id buy pretty much whatever he had because i know hes gonna treat me right. i think time and time again it all just comes down to the dealer. i can fix pretty much anything but i wanna know that when i cant somebody eles can

7. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

The new handles & controls only on the hydros are probably the easiest to use I've ever tried.

Transmisson & hydro are one combined unit that's maintenance free and supposed to have a life of 1000+ hours.

Looked at the Husqvarna and it's not the same. Handles/controls are harder to use, doesn't have the neat combined hydro drive. Lot more money too.

8. dubmckay

dubmckay LawnSite Member

Yazoo is a Husqvarna owned brand, eXmark is a Toro owned brand...Yazoo and eXmark both have features that seperate themselves from other brands under the same umbrella. Yazoo is a great brand and tends to cut well down here in the South. The most important thing of all is the support and service that you will "buy" from the dealer when you purchase the unit. Yazoo has had some issues in the past while they were being treated as a "hot potatoe" amongst investors and ownership, now that they have landed under the Electrolux/Husky umbrella, I think you feel safe about the ability to get parts for years to come.