What do you think an F350 weighs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by YellowDogSVC, Jun 11, 2008.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I got a weight of 13,220# for my '05, f350 crew cab dually flatbed (2 underbody tool boxes). Have a replacement front grill guard and 95lb. winch, 37 gallon ext. fuel tank, 235lb air compressor. Seems to me like that weight is awfully high. That's the truck. Chipper not included in weight!

Truck copy.JPG

2. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Go to the weigh station off a highway. They may do it free of charge. They do here.

People take their racecars there all the time.

OR did you already get it weighed?

Thatsa lotta weight.

3. YellowDogSVC

from TX

I had it weighed at a certified scale but I think it was too high.

4. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Good lord.

5. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Mine weighs 9680 and is a dump truck with an all steel body similar to yours with the exception it is a reg. cab diesel 4x4

6. YellowDogSVC

from TX

WTF, then?? I was told by upfitter that the flatbed was about 1600 lbs heavier but then take off the weight of the bed that was removed (about 600lbs +/-) then add the bumper and winch and tools. I lifted the fuel tank in by myself, diesel is only about 7 lbs per gallon and the tank is light and holds 37gallon and is almost never full. The weight of the pump is negligible as are my tools. I'm going to tear it apart and look for lost gold! :)
    Is there any conceivable way that truck could weight 13k lbs. set up as it is in the picture?

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

well our F350 7.3L 4x4 regular cab with a dump body weighs in at 9500lbs...meaning it can legally haul 1.5 tons....hell you are overweight and you are not even loaded...haha

8. RipT

RipT LawnSite Member

Did your number include tounge weight for the chipper? Could be a grand plus right there from the looks of that beast.

If your upfitter said the flat bed was 1600 "heavier", he may have already deducted the weight of the OEM box.

9. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I could beleive 13k with that trailer. The truck as you have it I would guess at 8-9k max.

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

My F-550 dump body empty with two full tool boxes, me, full of diesel, hitch in (that sucker is heavy!) weighs 10,320#... on the scales here at the stone quarry. No way your truck is 13+