What do you think ..... Fungus ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Eakern & Dog, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

This is new Fescue Sod . It was laid in Late April/Early May. It was looking great up until two weeks ago. I'm thinking it is brown patch but not sure as some of the edges look like drought as well.

elise turf 0091.JPG

elise turf 0101.JPG

elise turf 0131.JPG

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

i'll take a shot its red thread.i wish the pic was more clear.what did your dog say it was??

3. Eakern & Dog

The Dog thinks someone has been eating her porridge albeit peeing in her spot :) How are ya ? Long time no hear, Gamba.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Same here:dizzy: Doing great hows the family.Maybe an imported beer for your buddy is in order?

5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

sod is crap. i see disease in new sod all the time. no where to go, but downhill. brown patch is my guess. what has the weather been like?

6. Eakern & Dog

The weather had been hot and humid. This spot has been a battle for two years .........shade, crap soil, etc.. I tilled in 2 yards of amended soil, added proper lime & Fert and waited two weeks. I then built up a sod bed with another two yards of good soil and then layed the sod. It was looking great until the weather got humid. If over seeding this coming fall in combo with a preventative fungicide does not work. I'm going to suggest some limb removal of the adjacent tree and try some St. Augustine. I'm starting to think that it is just too much shade and moisture.