What do you think is a fair price increase for winterizations given current gas price

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Broker, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

$5 or $10 from last year.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

No increase , the customer is also paying higher gas prices too . The simple solution is tighter scheduling.

3. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

I would say that 5-10 dollars is fair depending on the size of the job. Im sure we will be hearing it when they call to make the appointments, but if your cost of operating is up your prices have to follow suit... :cool2:

4. Broker

MD: That's great that you can keep your prices the same. Our scheduling is tight. But I think that it is only fair to raise prices based on inflation and gas. So is 5 or 10 fair?

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yes its fair. When was the last time that a service dropped in price? And with out keeping up with inflation thats what a no increase amounts to.

6. Broker

Mac, did not understand what you said. Did you say that there has been no inflation since this time last year? If so I would beg to differ. Especially in the irrigation field.

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No I said that no price increase amounts to losing money becoase of inflation. You have to raise the cost just to keep up with inflation other wise your actually working cheaper

8. Broker

Mac,

Agree with you 100%

Bob

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I can see bumping it up five or ten.

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would go up 5%, that will cover the price of gas. :)