What do you think of annual Christmas/happy new year cards?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Dec 28, 2011.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

Just curious to know if anyone did or currently offering their customers annual xmas/happy new year cards. Is this worth the time and money?

2. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Every year we do a holiday card about 2 weeks before Xmas. People seem so love the cards and it shows you care about a relationship with them vs just wanting their money

3. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have been sending out Christmas/Holiday cards for 15 years my customers like it I get cards back from most and some are filled with a bonus/tip/ or whatever they want to call it.

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

www.PaulOxmanPublishing.com makes some cool cards for different occupations. I have cards made every year (Actually, cheaper to buy a larger quantity. I buy enough for two years and just send the same card 2 years in a row) and send them out to all my customers and suppliers. I hear lots of positive feedback. Whether it is 'worth it' or not is really up to you. I know my customers like them, and as RGM said, often after I send them out I will get cards back from some customers with tips and 'christmas bonuses' in them.

5. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly CVS makes some pretty good cards too. We do them there every year and they come out looking great but most importantly, they are CHEAP in price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got mine from vista print, I stuck my card in it, one paper version one magnetic version my customers loved it. I generally try to send them out before Thanksgiving since I use a Happy Holidays card, in my personal note I talk about seeing them "next year"

7. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We do a happy new year card each year. I have my daughters on the mowers in front of one of the enclosed trailers. Customers enjoy seeing how much they have grown from year to year. We have them done at CVS. they look fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

What a great idea!