1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of goals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by finallyfree, Jun 26, 2004.

1. finallyfree

finallyfree LawnSite Member

I finally just quit my job of 20 years, last 3 as a acting Superviser
    went in with a couple of buddies who did all the work, they wanted me to partner up because they were ready to expand and felt I could get them there, That was a year ago...Today we
    have 4 60" lexmarks, 1 72" and a 36", we have 5 trucks the oldest a 2001, 1 enclose trailer, 1 dump trailr, 2 landscaping trailers, 1 dump truck, 1 Kubota tractor with buckets, 4 snow plow blades both front and rear, 9 workers , I partner takes care of equipment and manpower, the other deals stricly with the city contracts and residential and I handle the commercial landscaping and what direction the business is heading...We have roughly $ 375,000 worth of 3 years contracts in just grass cutting and snowplowing not counting landscaping...My question is...Is that good for 2 years in the business? My goal is to having us doing a mil a year minimun in 2 - 3 years

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Well... what do you think? :-\

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

thats awsome. whats your co called?

4. finallyfree

Expo Landscaping Inc... I forgot to mention all equipment is payed for, that was our first goal

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds pretty good. How many income producing assets do you own?

6. finallyfree

If by your question you mean myself.. everything we own is under the company's name and every piece of equiptment is being used...we each have put $ 100,000 into the business and we are under the first right to buy if one of us wants to buy

7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

not to brag or anything ^^

just kidding, that is awesome

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

At that rate, you can change your name from EXPO to EXPANDO