What do you think of me getting a Craftsman.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Jul 15, 2009.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Right now I need a 21" on a yard that I do weekly and I'm thinking of getting a used Crapsman for 150.00. It has a 6.5 hp, bagger, self propelled.

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

You should be able to get a mower just like that cheaper. Why don't you look for a used Toro 21 commercial because maybe later on you will get more yards that require a 21. You can find some good deals on them, 250-400 bucks. Screw that homeowner crap.

3. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

No Comment.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Bad enough it's a craftsman...

but used to boot.

Drop the account and you'll be better off than with that POS.

5. LouisianaLawnboy

How long do you think that a commercial unit would last me?

6. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

You can buy a new Crapsman for that on sale here. I regret buying one.

7. LouisianaLawnboy

That was one:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. LouisianaLawnboy

This is a higher end unit, brand new they go for 350.00 - 400.00.

I don't care what you guys say, I was an electrician's helper for 3 yrs and I know Craftsman makes excellent tools. I haven't had much experience with their lawncare equipment though.

9. 4.3mudder

Hell of a lot longer than homeowner crap. You maintain it, it will treat you well. I have 2 of them, one with the kawasaki 5 horse, and the 2 cycle Suzuki. The 2 cycle will last forever. The others maybe about the same, kepe the oil and filter changed it will last. The decks are so much better, the transmissions, everything is so much better. I would invest in a used one, 1000 bucks is way too high for a new one. I know they have many on Craigslist, especially here is Dallas, bunch of them.

10. 4.3mudder

The Craftsman tools are good, but the lawncare is junk, plain junk. Cub Cadet formerly MTD make 400 puch mower, same, junk too. All that stamped deck crap. I know I have that Troy Bilt ZTR, but I was starting out and cash was tight, probably be selling it soon.