What do you think of my flyer and business card?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AAR Lawn Services, Jul 8, 2007.

1. AAR Lawn Services

AAR Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I'm new to business and need to pick up as many customers as quickly as possible but without undercutting everyone else too heavily. I was planning to start this out part time on the side but now I have no choice as I have been laid off from my other job that was paying me $17/hr on Friday. Anyways here they are, I haven't decided whether or not to use full color on them though because it seems kind of pricey everywhere except here http://www.clubflyers.com/. Has anyone used them before?

[​IMG]

2. bluflame1914

bluflame1914 LawnSite Member

those are nice. go color with that deal. I like that green and red.

3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Looks good. Go with gotprint. 4x6 post card is about 3.5 cents a piece if you order 10,000.

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

not bad. fairly generic. loose the addy on the biz card unless its a commercial location where customers can walk in. have the same tele # on both cards. id drop the 15% discount offer and tell the potential customer why they should switch to you other than price. lawnboys that dont know crap use discount offers like that. who cares what your mower looks like. some potential clients will see that pic and think "i dont want that big @$$ mower tearin up my lil yard. K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. if you put a pic on the flyer... use something more catchy than an ugly @$$ xmark. go full color. who cares about price. how much cash a company is willing to drop on ads tells a customer how dependable theyll be. we spend $10k a year on advertising.

but then what do i know.

5. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

damn fault finder

6. Brianslawn

like i said... but what do i know.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Great advice here!

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont slam me on this one But

can you use the pic of the mower ?

9. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

you mean like in your avatar?

10. Brianslawn

technically you should ask permission prior to using the pic or at least not show any logos. at least thats how we had to do it back when i did tv commercials. however, i doubt a mower company is going to give a **** about some small time lawnboy advertising their mower more than his services on his flyers.

now the question is... why do you want to advertise someone elses product over your services? are they splitting the cost of the flyers with you?