What Do You Think Of My Logo?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Captain K, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Captain K

Captain K LawnSite Member

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

honestly, not trying to hate, i think it looks oriental and i dont care for the color scheme. get an American looking tree and some colors that relate to lawncare better and it would be ok.

3. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

What is the Big Bonsi tree for or the big oak tree
    You need to look at what you do as far as a logo or get someone to make a logo for you professional one

4. Captain K

Not mad at u but I am oriental(lol)from Thailand but just want my logo to stand out from the rest and represent me...Planning on changing the color of the tree to green..I do water feature,landscaping and lawn care....Ok, for u I'll play around some more with it and what ever I come up with then I'll show u ok....

5. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i would just want a logo that had more landscape related colors in it. and i think an oak would look better, but from what you just said i can understand the tree choice. i want a logo to be long term that i can stick w/. imo it's an important decision, and it should be long term one, just trying to give my honest opinion. thats what LS is for.

6. Captain K

Bonsai tree is me because I am Oriental....I am just a Oriental Guy that want to live a American dream in the land of the free and the home of the brave.....

7. Captain K

I am planning to really do this for a long term and hope that I turn into a living...I thinking about taking out landscape and replace it with lawn care...

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I like it, I think it would stand out from other companies.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry. It looks like a dried out old tree, that has the roots pulling out of the ground from drought. Further more, it is red - indicating hot and dry. It just doesn't go with "water" and landscaping. Think "cool" - and green. That signifies health in horticulture. Furthermore, I don't think I would use the term "water". It just isn't an industry term. I would certainly use irrigation, if that is what you are going to do. Also, if you are going to switch the "landscaping" (that is if you are not a dedicated installation company), use something like landscape maintenance, or management if that is what ou are going to do. If you are doing lawn CARE, then use the term lawn care...but know this ahead of time... This is one of the most common MISused terms in the industry. The term "lawn care" is actually a text term - defined by the practice of feeding, treating, and curing by means of chemical control (not exact words). I wish I could find the reference to atleast one of the books (turf management text book) that states about this . Technical, I know,...but if you are planning on doing this long term,...you may as well be completely on the right track.
    Anyway, I DO like the name, wish you luck, and hope you do well!

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean irrigation? Water is kinda a blanket word, people may think your a utility contractor.