What do you think of my new truck decals?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Above Par Lawns, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I know it's nothing fancy but I thought I'd share. We had a late Christmas with my wife's family today because her sister just got back from the Marines. I was surprised by receiving these decals from my father in law. He owns http://www.signsbyrobbie.com/ and printed me off my business logo and contact information. I think it looks really good. I really wanted to get a full truck wrap eventually but this will be great for my first year in business. He's printing me up another with my website for the front fender, and one for the tailgate with some services we offer. How exciting! Mobile marketing! This will really get some attention now when parked up at the golf course I work at.

truck signs.jpg

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Looks nice and clean. Merry christmas
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks fine.

4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I suppose you should get over there and mow his lawn to return the favor.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Those look nice! They look good on the silver, really pops!

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It looks good. I was ready to get lettering done on my truck. I opted not too. I don't need tons of phone calls to slow me down. I also don't need a billboard saying, hit me I have insurance. Company trucks that are all lettered up are open invitation for low lifes to try and sue you. I have enough work that I don't want to get flooded with calls for prices or run all over the place to quote a estimate for $30 to only hear them say the other did it for $25. Screw all that crap. I'll stick with word of mouth and keep growing slow and steady with clients that "want" the work done and know the costs involved to do the job. They tend to just say do it most of the time. A bunch are moving to a 12 month payment plan for all the services.

7. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Being parked at the course can be good and bad. Some will think your charging way too much to be able to play golf so often. lol

That does look sharp!

8. Above Par Lawns

I get what you're saying, I just don't see it that way. It's not only the"low ballers" that are going to call you. I don't deal with those people anyways. My rates are slightly higher than others around here and i don't change it just to get an account. I target nice neighborhoods of the clients i already have. If i don't wasn't to work in a particular area I no longer will. But not having your business name/number on your vehicle is only going to hurt you in the long run. try to think about that poor old lady that can't get outside of her house, just sits at her window and notices how nice of a job you're doing across the street. how is she going to know who to call?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Above Par Lawns

LOL! I never thought about that. I better park next to the maintenance building i guess! luckily it's a perfect spot for them to still be able to see it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Above Par Lawns

If only he didn't live 50 miles away!
    Posted via Mobile Device