1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of my shirts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mxrider52, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Here is a design of a shirt I am making. Give me some opinions. Tell me what I need to change or make better. The phone number will be my number when I create the shirt. This is my first year into mowing. I am making the shirt at customink.com but they are going to cost almost $23 a shirt and if I put a front chest logo it is going to cost about $28, so as of right now I am just doing the back of the shirt. Does anyone else know of a cheaper site?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I think the design looks pretty good, but I hope that the shirt color isn't going to be black!?

Seems a little pricey for screen printed shirts. I don't have any other sources though. I have a friend that ordered custom logo shirts too but I don't recall where from. His just have the logo on the front chest.
  3. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Try queensboro.com there a whole lot cheaper than what your looking at. $23 dollars a shirt for t-shirts is online robbery.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks great. Does seem a little high on price. Its only a 3 color. I get hoodies for that price. See about buying the shirts somewhere else and having them print them. Mabey they are getting a huge markup on the shirt itself.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I just asked my friend, he used vistaprint but says he actually doesn't like them... Don't know the reason why though. Said he will just use someone local next time.

I have to agree with the local options. Yes it may cost a little more than the cheap places online but you can actually put your hands on the clothing first. T-shirts are sized all over the place and if you are picky about fit (as I am) being able to try out what you want may be the best option.

I really want the polyester "dry" shirts with my logo on them. That's what I wear pretty much all summer. If the temps are over 80 especially. I can't stand cotton in the heat, may as well be wearing plastic.
  6. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Try the web site i gave you. I think you may change your mind once you see what they have to offer. Plus they are in N.C. a whole lot closer to you than me. If you have questions call them and talk to Adair shes a great person and this is the only place i do business with for all my work apparel. www.queensboro.com
  7. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Thanks. Yea I am not sure about a color yet. I am still debating. I want something that is not going to get dirty too quick but also stay cool.

Thanks I will give their site a look over. Yea I thought the price was a little high but I have not done much surfing.

Is there anything I should add to the shirts or is that about all you really need a shirt to say?
  8. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to get that shirt for about $9-$12 (including screen charges)...well...maybe not if you're ordering only a few shirts and you are ordering black (most expensive color).
  9. cade03

cade03 LawnSite Member

yep i agree with the other guys, way too much per shirt. call a few local screen printers near you adn go from there. you may just pickup a customer while your there. cant hurt good luck 9 - 12 bucks is agood estimate.
  10. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, I get my 4xlt T-shirts with screen printing front and back for about $13 dollars a shirt, you better find a local screenprinting shirt thats more reasonable