1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of my website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by THIESSENS TLC, Apr 22, 2011.

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

all comments welcome! good or bad, want to know what you think. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Not bad, Pretty basic, i would change the font, Its kind of a strain on the eyes to read.

Edit actually the font looks good when i use firefox, it looks weird when i use google chrome.
  3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I'm on my iPhone and I'm unable to see your signature.
    Do you think you could post it in a post?
    Posted via Mobile Device

not sure how to do that

i use firefox too and its not that bad, but ya google chrome does look weird. thanks!
  6. Rockwell Landscaping

Rockwell Landscaping LawnSite Member

7. Marin Lawn Care

Marin Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'd have my contact # right under your logo, make it as big as the lettering. I'd also get a new name. Get one that states your location and what you do, i.e Canada Lawn Care. At least for your website. Clean site though.
  8. mach1webdesign

mach1webdesign LawnSite Member

Nice site! I agree about adding your contact # somewhere prominent.

I would add a little more padding to the right side of the text on the home page and testimonials page, similar to what you did on the tips page. I also think you have a little too much white space below your navigation menu before your content begins. Some white space is great but I think there is just a bit too much in my opinion. For your business name in the header, try using a 1 or 2 pixel white stroke to make it stand out a bit. Overall, great job on your site!
  9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I agree with moving your # and making it bigger.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but why do you need to announce that you will continue to service the are? Were you thinking of quitting and decided to try a bit longer?

Also, I don't think I would offer anything for free without a signed contract. Some may just want to use you long enough to get the free offer.
  10. HeyLook-Media

HeyLook-Media LawnSite Member

Looks like you did a fine job! The most important thing is just having your site and having contact information.

The main purpose of having your site is to be a e-business card for potential customers. I would consider a contact form on your page simply because some people can be lazy and are more likely to type a quick message instead of picking up the phone.

As well as maybe a map of the area's you serve.

Congrats! -Nate