What do you think of our ad

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, May 20, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Dunn's

3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking ad, but I don't give away anything. They're not getting a free cut, application, or discount on anything. With the rising cost of running a business there's no way I would even consider it. Heck, I won't even give a bid without charging a fee.

4. Dunn's

well the free cut just helps get our name out there a little more and beside that noone wants to sign the contract to get the free cut any way so we almost never have to give it to the any way and guess what the think by not signing the contract that we can't send them to collections. LOL man are they wrong!

5. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

jessus i cant believe ppl would pay for a quick mowing estimate
    good for you though i wish the market in my area would stand for that

dunn, alot of my best customers originaly called for a single one time spring cut so that they could get under control and after i gave them a price and they seen the awesome job they were hooked if you can afford it id go for it

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

You misspelled a word: DEBRIS not DEBRI! Change that ASAP!

7. Dunn's

yea that was just the first proof the final ad came out spelled correctly it came out on tuesday and wednesday thanks for looking out though!

8. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Coupons in ads are very effective, KEEP IT IN.

Are you going to print them out in colour just as seen with yellow back ground? That and borderless printing is a friggin' fortune, myself I do black and white but I always like the way colour looks.

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Max, let me respectfully ask that you not use the Lord's name in vein.

It's simple. I tell people that there's a $15 fee to cover gas and truck maintenance. I also tell them that the bid fee will be waved if I'm hired to do the job. As with anything, there's some who will agree to the charge, and some who won't. I've had potential customers give me the same reaction as you have. I just tell them that I'm only interested in looking at a job if someone is serious about hiring me, and that I take a lot of pride in my work which has resulted in a large list of satisfied customers. I also inform them up front that I'm not the cheapest lawn company in town, and I don't want to be.

Also take into consideration that I don't need any more customers. I'm at the point now where my work load is maxed out. Now that's a good feeling.

10. Dunn's

yeah the ad came out on tuesday and wednesday in color exactliy like the proof except spelt correctly