What do you think of this application?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

What do you guys think of this light in this type of application??

Orion 6 resize.jpg

MORIEL039 RESIZE.jpg
  2. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looks nice maybe a few less? Hard to tell without seeing it in person. I am doing some R & R on a job that has these fixtures mounted on posts inside a pergola. Nice looking and durable.
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I would be concearned about people burning thier legs on the lights. Specially after a few beverages at that bar. We will be building an outdoor kitchen/entertainment area/adult beverage depot this winter at our house and I am planning to use fiber optic or led ropes concealed under a lip.

I would consider a dimmer for the application in the picture if one is not already installed
  4. JoeyD

The heat was a concern but due to the spacing inbetweeen the lamp and the brass cover as well as the large openings ont he top and bottom they remain somewhat cool. Warm to the touch but you could rest your leg on it without it burning you or even being an uncomfterble warmth
  5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Billy,
    Heres a good opportunity to install our 4 watt accent light under the counter. They don't get hot enough to burn someone, install completely flush or can be surface mounted, and are available in 10 colors.

We have our new deck brochure available in print form too.

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Billy, I like the idea of the rope lights in a dado. Ever since I saw that staircase Firefly in Florida did I have wanting to try it. Let is know how it comes out.
  7. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Tim, Firefly is in Atlanta, Ga.
  8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

looks a little bright to me, and the heat is a concern to me as well. as much light is coming out of there, I'd say there is heat to go with it. Even if there was 2 inches between the metal and bulb, with two bulbs in it, that is still gonna heat up. I like the effect, but I'd want to scale the wattage back a little.
  9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

That's a nice effect though it does look a little "hot" in brightness and warmth to the touch.
  10. JoeyD

We are running 2-20watt Xelogen lamps in each one, you can order them w/ 10w to soften up. I just thought the application was pretty cool.