What do you think of this design.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Mar 16, 2013.

1. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

for got to upload the pictures of the design.

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 1.36.22 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 1.35.17 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 12.19.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 1.37.13 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 12.19.34 AM.jpg

2. DLONGLANDSCAPING

Here is one more where you can see the shape of everything better.

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 1.38.12 AM.jpg

3. DLONGLANDSCAPING

just pulled an all nighter to get this CAD design together. I only have the front done, but pretty much the entire backyard will be pavers with a fire pit, and a outdoor kitchen area as well.

Took me about 6 hours to do the house, and another 2 to do the landscaping. I think the design is worthless unless the customer can actually see their house.

What do you guys think?

Im not loving the left side of the walkway. so i need to figure out a way to change it. They want a walkway going to their driveway as well, so i wanted to incorporate two walkways instead of one.

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 7.10.08 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 7.05.08 AM.jpg

4. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

no one on here ever likes my designs but I'll give my opinion anyway. Too many green meatballs. Ha ha ha. Or they may be too close. They will have to be trimmed really tight to keep em small and uniform with eachother. But you did a nice job on it all.

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

Haha, agreed!!! They want a uniformed hedge, so the meat bills will grow into a sausage in a couple years.

6. DLONGLANDSCAPING

I just want to also show people on here the sizes of the houses in my area, granted this is literally the smallest property u can have, it's a 3 story 3400 sq foot house that this young couple just bought for 1.3 million.... His dad owns a local mortgage company (shore mortgage)

7. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

Looks really great! How did you learn sketch up? Everytime I try do do something like that it never seems to do what I want.

8. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean about the houses here. I think that design looks great for that house. Definitely using all the space right, especially the backyard. Some people try to shove too much into too little. I think it will definitely set the house apart in that subdivision, which in my area all of the houses that price look exactly the same :dizzy:

9. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had time to do those 3d drawings. Just kinda like to get a few hours of sleep each night. Looks good! With that tall of a home, I would make those beds as deep as possible and use some really tall material. Couldn't reed all the plant labels on my phone, you probably have some pretty tallaterial on the led side, you might sweep a curve of bed even in front of the walk going to the driveway. It's hard to say, since the lot is so small.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Couldn't agree more. Don't make it look full the day you put it in. I want it to look full years to come. Not overgrown.
    Posted via Mobile Device