1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this FLYER

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jslawncare, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

How much can a guy who's main priority is school, really threaten your business?

2. jslawncare

jslawncare LawnSite Member

The going rate around where i live is much cheaper than in other areas...im not cutthroating anybody..

3. grassworks

grassworks LawnSite Member

Keep the Price on the Flyer !! BUT add a disclaimer or something under it like " lawns up to 8,000 sq.Ft."

I beleive this young man stated he is not a PRO and is not trying to be one. He's just trying to make some extra cash. the only customers he would steal would be cheapo's , little old ladys and other undesirables who will not support a Pro LCO.

I remember someone who started out doing this and the education I received within a few months .... well let's just say I had a certificate in "scrubology". Most people can only learn this from experience..... so good luck Jason , work smarter not harder.

S ells only on price
    C ash $ only
    R uins market for everyone
    U ndercuts anything
    B elieves he's legit

4. terry824

terry824 LawnSite Member

Folks, cut the guy a break. He's going after a very narrow marketing approach. How quick we forget how we didn't have insurance and licenses when we had 15 accounts. You have spoken your concerns, offered suggestions. He knows where his liabilities are. Stop badgering him. He gets it. Flyer looks fine dude !

5. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the purpose of this site was to educate the ignorant not encourage ignorance.

Should we not share our knowledge.
    Be it harsh or not,
    as long as it is truthful.

6. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

ONLY ONE THING TO SAY ....SCRUB......:angry: