1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this little sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Garth, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I have thought about getting one similiar to that since all I have is a broadcast spreader. I think since all I have is residential lawns it would be perfect for the time being till I grow and get more accounts that would require a 200 gal or more tank.
  3. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one several years ago. Used it for about 3 days and it has sat in my warehouse ever since. With the extra saddle tanks and plumbing it cost me about $1200.00. (if I remember correctly)

What I did not like about it was it made the spreader too top heavy and unstable on uneven terrain. Hills were a pain. Bumpy lawns were very difficult to maintain a constant walking pace. Unless you have a dedicated spreader that is always ready to go with this set up in it, it is a pain to empty your spreader after every fert app and load this thing in and back out of it at every stop.

I was better off using a back pack sprayer.