What do you think of this name?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrusk, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I been beating my self up for the last 5 months trying to think of a name. Every name i could think up would end up already being in use and i didn't want to just add another word into it. I wanted to use a name that no one has used because i plan to grow into a big company one day.

I got it narrowed down to Green Country or Team Green
    I would either add enterprise or landscape mangment after either one. Both names are not used in my state. There is a
    Green Team Inc. and a Green Team Landscape Services in the state.

What do you guys think of my two names? Do you feel that 'Green' is used to often in names in this industry?

I understand how important it is to create brand image and stand out from the competition. I plan on painting all my company trucks arctic cat green. The trucks will always be noticed then.

Matt

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I prefer names that are simple and indicative of a personal investment in the customer by the owner. eg "Smith lawn and landscaping". As a customer I would be more likely to choose a company where it's clear I'm dealing with the owner. The fancier names sound more corporate.

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

From those I like Team Green.
    Your mascot can be a blade of grass with a basketball tank top on and a sweatband.
    Just a thought, catchy name I think.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My first car as a kid was a 73 Green Buick LeSaber. We called it the Green Machine. How about Green Machine Landscaping?

:D :D

5. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Team Green sounds OK, Im Marks Mowing Service but i do fullservice, all my additions are on my Business Cards, i still like Tream Green, most of your accounts will come by the finished product, if you do the best service you can youll get all the work you need by word of mouth...Im on my 15th season and have never advertized and turn down work all the time....Marks Mowing Service

6. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

I like team green. I think of Kawasaki's motorcycle teams though. They are called Team Green.

7. mrusk

brucec32- I understand what you are saying. But i have heard from other people do not use your name. My father had had a few business and one of them he used his name. When he would send his workers out, who were qualified to do the job, the customer would call back all upset because my father was not the one there. My dad incountered this often. However, if my las name wasn't Ruszkiewicz, a hard to prenounce polish name i would defiently use it.
    Bruce i am looking for a name that sounds big and professional. I am writing an awesome business plan and god willing plan to build a big corporation. I belive this dream is not so far fetched. This site has helped, educated, and inspired me so much. Find out what works best for 1000 landscapers will defiently help me devlope my business best.

matt

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I see your point, that my suggestion definitely wouldn't work for you. Be sure to check your state's listing of names already being used to make sure you're not infringing on someone and have to change it later. Also, I believe I have heard Team Green before somewhere. I'm not sure what the laws are on corporate names and similar sounding names.

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Most books that you will find dealing with name selection or company branding suggest that you don't use your name. The main reason they give is, when the time comes that you want to sell your business, using your name can limit the value.

Team Green sounds good, however the company that is using the name Green Team, may take issue with your use of Team Green, depending on the size of their company they may see fit to try and keep you from using the name. I know it is different, but IMO it is close enough to cause confusion, and some court may rule that way also.

10. mrusk

Finding a name is difficult. I could still use Green Country. However there is a Country Green Landscaping. Thinking of a name has become the hardest part of starting this buisness. LOL it was easier to find the money for the equpiment!! If any of ya have some suggestions please let me know.

matt