What do you think of this offer/postcard?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kgcs, Jan 17, 2011.

1. kgcs

kgcs LawnSite Senior Member

This is something I thought up to attract more customers at the beginning of the season. I already covered my own a$$ saying they had to at least have their property serviced twice to receive the gift or if they signed a contract, they could get it right away. Tell me what you think about the offer, or if I should word the terms different. In case you cant read the terms on the card, this is what they say...

Thanks Alot

Front
    [​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Just say that they must sign a season long contract, completely do away with the 2nd payment deal. If someone decides to hire you for only two weeks, then you are going to start losing money.

Also scale down the walmart gift card image, its over powering the post card. You aren't advertising for walmart, you're advertising for your business.

3. kgcs

The only reason I put the 2nd mowing thing in there is because not everyone want to sign a contract. Its not because I believe some one is going to stop service after 2 weeks its just I want to give them a second option. Your right about the gift card. I wanted to make it big to be noticed but now that I look at it, its kinda taking over the whole postcard.

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

In theory I like the idea. I was going to offer a Costco cash card for a similar type promotion but I never did....I prefer to promote MY business. What I have done is a free fall aeration for new customers but it does require at least 17 mowings to qualify. This year I'm considering your 5th mowing free since it's my 5th year in business.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

But the gift card is to be used as an incentive for customers to sign a contract for the season as opposed to not signing a contract and just telling you to mow every week for the year.

So if you truely use the gift card as an incentive to sign a contract, you'll have customers thing, "Well I'm going to have him mow all year for me so if I just sign the contract I will get $25". Customers are then going to see the gift card as something that will entise them to sign a contract. And this way you will have guaranteed customers for the year.

6. kgcs

Ok, I changed the terms saying only if you signed a contract. They are now below.

This is what the front of the postcard looks like now.
    [​IMG]

7. kgcs

I also just added to the terms that this coupon must be present.

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

At least around here, the people that would go for that due to the incentive would be such cheapo PITA's that I wouldnt want them. But thats here and your there so...

9. boneslawns

boneslawns LawnSite Member
    from indiana

i like the second one. Looks great. Im doing the same this year. Im useing Target gift cards though. A little higher end retail.

10. 67ghiaTIV

67ghiaTIV LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Are you shopping for the Walmart Clientele. I like the gift card incentive and it caught my eye but I would aim for a higher end local restaurant. Who knows maybe the restaurant would give a $25 GC for $20. Walmart shoppers are looking for deals.