What do you think of this trailer, Deal Or No

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by flattoplawncare, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Was it made that way or did he cut the rails out himself to make it side loadable? A trailer dealer told me the rails are a structure of the trailer frame and that cutting into them will turn it into a limp noodle. Ive seen the factory built trailers with side gates, but never one of these. Id say if it was originaly like this then the engineers took it into consideration when designing it and beefed up the under frame to compensate for the missing rails. 1500 is a pretty good deal IMO. You could always have an expanded metal gate made and install hinges on it so that you wouldnt have to jack with the ramps everytime. Make it work like the one on the back.
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me take a closer look. it is very expensive do to the quality it was built, I don’t see sporting springs and the ramps where do they go. the other side has the same opening, and how are you going to secure your load.:waving:

3. dreamscapefarms

dreamscapefarms LawnSite Member

Price seems to be high for what it is, but I'm not a fan of side ramps.
  4. tgaskill

tgaskill LawnSite Member

Last week I just ordered an 18ft (bed length) dual axle wrap trailer with 4' drop gate in the back and a 5' wide 4' drop gate on the right side and 1 axle with brakes for under $1400. I should have it in another week only because they had to custom make the 18'. So I'm with most everyone else here, that price seems very high.
  5. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

maybe the ramps double as the side rails??
  6. BurkartLandscape

BurkartLandscape LawnSite Member

no deal
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

As you can see in the pic both sides of trailer is open .
    Not positive, but do the ramps some how slide into other RAILS ...?
    Nobody, with any IQ would risk their load going A wall...:nono:
    Unless you strap it down.
  8. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they double as rails.
  9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

In that case, I like it...
  10. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

Ya that price seems pretty high. Personally, I would skip the single axle and buy a dual axle trailer. They pull a lot nicer and don't bounce around as much.