What do you think of this trailer, Deal Or No

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by flattoplawncare, Feb 20, 2008.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

As for the side ramps, if you don't really need them, don't get them.

Although they double as rails, you have nowhere in the "usual" places to mount trimmer racks or anything similar.

Also, trailers with side ramps usually have an extra section built into the frame. They need that since they don't have a frame rail to help support the rigidity of the trailer. This isn't a big issue except it makes the trailer a little taller than other 6'X12's. A taller trailer often means more difficulties loading and off-loading equipment.

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

The one on criags list is from a dealer southern mower sales I think is the name. Look up Lawrimore Trailers I just bought 2 this month all tube very heavy duty.

3. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't. when do you "need" the side ramps? If they go into the yard you have to raise 'em or mow around 'em, if you put it down on the customer's driveway you're taking up their space anyway. I suppose it's just to access the equipment faster...? They must be fairly useful since you see a lot of these for sale.

WIth the original poster's trailer it looks like it has more con's than pro's. just my opinion.

It all depends on what it's going to be used for the most, and by the sound of the equipment you're going to put on it is it necessary?

4. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

No way bought my 6.5' x 10' for around 800 works great for my wb and dane sufer. It also works well for my dads mule and our fourwheeler. I always thought side ramps were cool but not worth the extra 700 bucks.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Bought my 6x12 single axle for $900.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, shop around a bit more. And for the one you were going to drive 3 hundred and miles for,...forget it! By the time you add your time, miles on a vehicle, and fuel costs,...THEN how much are you paying? You will find a decent deal on a little trailer...they're out there - especially one a little more suited to your needs.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought this trailer new in Texas for 2200 bucks...I think it's the best deal in the country!! I'll make the drive from colorado easy for this one. Pick it up in two weeks. I had it widened to 83" instead of 77" it's a 14 footer. I'm thinking about buying two and selling one back here for bout 4200$...that'd be a good price out here for one!!

mytrailer.JPG

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Holy smokes... anybody that would pay $4200 for that is just an idiot. Even at $2200... it can't even haul skid steer.

9. MileHigh

Whoa..your way off. I have two 3500# axles under there.=7000 pounds.

A skid steer weighs anywhere from what?...2000-6000pounds.

10. MileHigh

I Sure haven't seen a freakin 7000# skid?? Have you?

Oh but with your rediculous amount of posts...you must be right...yea right.