1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this trailer, Deal Or No

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by flattoplawncare, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Get real man... you are going to need a little more than two 3500# pound axles to haul a skid steer on. Been there done that. An average skid steer weight 6k-10k.

2. Lawnworks

from usa

Actually my Cat 248 weighs 7300 lbs w/o an attachment. And it is only a mid-size skid. Look it up. How does it feel to be wrong(I wouldn't know)?

$2200 for lawn mower trailer?? Ouch!

3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

That's not even the point. I don't have a skid...yet. So that's not even in the picture. 2200$..That's a steal for a decked out lawn trailer out here in colorado.

4. Lawnworks

from usa

A steal??? you are a sucker. Must have been one heck of a salesman.

5. MileHigh

You need to do some research before you start callin names punk.

6. Lawnworks

from usa

I know what a steal of a deal is... and that is not it!

7. MileHigh

I dunno..maybe you live in the bumf**k boonies where cost of living and cost of equipment is way cheaper, But I'm telling you, a trailer like like here in the Denver Metro area goes for about 4000$ But I'm sure we make way more for our lawn service here in the big CO.. than wherever the hay you are.

8. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Blade i dont know about $4000 but it is probably easily worth $2200 You can buy a regular 1' side 7000# trailer for about 1500 to 1700 new so id say 2200 is fair value

9. MileHigh

I have recieved about 7 quotes in colorado for a 14 foot tandem axle trailer, w 3 foot sides, trimmer, blower, gas, shovel racks, storage cage, side gate w spring assist, brakes on both axles, bulldog couplers, 83 inch width, and all the goodies...They all had prices of about 4200-4950. I know the big tex 14 foot landscape trailers go for 5 grand out here! So I am seriously thinking about stacking two of em and taking an extra one back...selling it, and getting my trailer for free basically.

10. Lawnworks

from usa

$2200 is retail value. A steal of a deal would be your trailer for $1200. I paid $2200 for my last trailer, but it was an 20' overdeck, trailer brakes, new wood, new 6k # axles, new lighting, basically everything new. That is a deal.

How many lawns do you have to cut to afford the 3k a month 500sq ft rental house you live in?