1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KINGjosh, Jul 23, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a $4400 POS. Why is there rust on a Florida truck? Also looks pretty beat up for only 105k miles. How many times has the odo flipped over??
  3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Lots if cars get rusted down here from all the rain. Thats seems a little strange to have so little miles on that truck for its age.
    I dont feel comfortable buying stuff on ebay, but this one is 10 mins from me.
    Im going to look at this tommorrow.
  4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Something about that just doesnt seem right to me. 105K on a 91 isnt quite right, unless someone bought it for towing when they went camping and never went as often as planned. otherwise, something is off about this truck.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's that close, I would to check it out. I'm still not sure that I would pay that for it though.
  6. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I think you could do better than that on Autotrader.com.
  7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

its not worth the money.
  8. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't waist my money or my time on that. You could find a nicer truck and for a cheaper price in your local paper, but it's your money and your time.
  9. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Definately overpriced
  10. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

With the rust and all it's worth $3500 on the high end, if it runs as good as they claim, $2000 on the low. It could have been used to pull a boat to the coast and all, probably a launch/load rig, saltwater is hell on automotive sheet metal.

There's a '91 F-350 Diesel here with only 78k that the guy is asking $7500 for, but it is a real jewel, not a scratch on it.

With 105k, the 7.3L in that truck is just getting broken in. Much better than the 6.5 GM diesel of the day.

However you will definitely want to check the SCA level in the coolant. If it is low, run for the hills, you don't want to buy a victim of cavitation. If it checks ok, then drive it for a while, do the usual checks and inspections and let us know what you find out about it.

I am selling my F-250, so if the deal on that one falls through, send me an email and we'll talk. I have to get rid of it before August 10th, as that is when I am moving back into college.