What do you think of this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DSLND, Nov 3, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,

Found a truck i really like, and could potentially get. Heres the specs:

1997 Chevy K2500
    78k miles
    8ft Western Plow

Asking $6990.00

Thanks!
    -Mitch-

100_1984 (Small).JPG

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

not horrible, not the best. kinda right in the middle. milelage isnt bad, dont like western, do some research as to what simular trucks are listed at.

3. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

He's a little high, but not bad. Kelly Blue Book for a truck in this condition, private party, is 6275 counting the plow. Keep in mind plow trucks are generally beat mercilessly, but he's not bad out of line on price.

4. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

5. DSLND

Well, i have been on the phone all day with the dealer. He's located about 3.5 hours away from me, and we were going to go look at the truck Tuesday, but seconds before i put a deposit on the truck, it sold. I've never been that pissed off before.....

-Mitch-

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Would you really drive that far to buy a truck? No hard feelings but i would only do if it was a screaming deal and i knew everything was fine or exactly what the description said. The chance of me doing that though are very low.

7. DSLND

You bet we would. There aren't many deals like that around here, a lot of people want $10k for a 95-98 K2500 w/ over 100k miles, and w/o a plow.I would have skipped school Tuesday, and my dad, a friend of ours, and myself would have driven up there, looked/test drove the truck, and then most likely made the purchase.

The only downside is that i don't get my drivers permit until Feb. but grandma could still drive it and i would have the bed space, and we wouldn't have to switch car's w/ grandma so we can get the Jeep. Then next year i could drive.... with my permit of course.But i'm proboably just going to wait until next summer, but keep a close eye on the classifieds until then.-Mitch-

8. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My guess is that if you were on the phone all day tring to beat him up on the price, he probably just told you that so he didn't have to deal with you. Just sounds too fishy.

Just bustin your balls. Buy a FORD.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That was a nice truck. I actually thought the price wasn't too bad but Kelly blue book is pretty good. Dealers can be jerks, you'll find another one.

10. DSLND

It wasn't about the price. It was about the vehicle specs. and about arrangements for us both to meet (being he is 3.5 hours away from me).

Price wasn't the concern, it was acting fast and trying to get the deposit on the vehicle, then getting up there to look at it.

-Mitch-