1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Screamin100, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Screamin100

Screamin100 LawnSite Member

Saw a door hanger the other day for lawn service. It stated they would beat any local lawn care service by 10%. It also offers free spring cleanup, free edging, 3 free applications of fertilizer, and a free fall cleanup. The price is $120.00 monthy for a 60' X 120' lawn. What are you thoughts on this? Do you think he means $120.00 monthy for a 12 month period? That would make more sense to me.

2. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i would say that its per month, how can he make a living off of 120 a year per client ? most of mine are around 200 to 1200 per month...

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I don't understand the 120 monthly. The whole thing doesn't make sense. I doubt he would be around long... If he promises to beat the price of every one and then offer the "free services." Once he figures out he will not turn a profit or have enough cash flow to support the enterprise.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Well if it is a 12-month contract then he's getting $1440 per year off each contract. For me, a $35 lawn would yield around $1000 or so for the season (mowing only) So maybe that's his angle, he's getting another $400 a year off each client so he offers "free" services.

Or he could just be dumb. :laugh:

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i like that reason:drinkup: