What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagguy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Today, we were mowing in a high residental neighborhood. As we were leaving, I saw a LCO with nothing but 21" ELECTRIC mowers in his truck. All the handhelds were electric as well. The property he was parked in front of was about 1.25 acres in size. I believe the mowers were rechargable, not sure about the handheld stuff. I'm thinking on property of that size he'll need all the mowers to get the job done before they need recharging. Anybody heard of an LCO doing this before? Seems very strange to me.

2. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

Gtfo!!!!!!!

3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member

Interesting. Perhaps the owner uses "0 emissions" in marketing.

Some AGM batteries can be charged with infinite amperage, so even a deep discharge can come to life fairly quickly, possibly even driving to the next job if the truck is equipped with some aux alternators. :yup:

4. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Must be a treehugger lives there.:laugh: :laugh:

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Actually the guy just has the stuff in the truck to look good so he can case the joint!

6. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

I posted this on another thread. I think it also applies here.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Haven't you guys noticed how anything "organic" is a lot more expensive? Think about it.

People are really being brainwashed by the organic marketing gimmick. I am very familiar with these practices and know a person very well that has a company growing so called organic free range chickens. He makes a tremendous profit from this meat and basically the only difference in my housed chickens and theirs is they allow them to walk outside in the daytime from inside the houses they are raised until slaughter.

People are really being fooled by this marketing strategy and they are doing a very good job of brain washing the poor general public. The guidelines for being able to label as organic is more lax than people realize, in other words people are not buying exactly what they think is organic by the true definition.

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

With organics there first needs to be some universal definitions. Right now there is no real regulation about organics or the labeling of organics.

I am not against organics, however I doubt you will see any real changes until some universities and corporations get behind organics.

As far as electric equipment: either burn a bit of gas to run mowers, trimmers and blowers. Or burn a lot of coal for couple of kilowatts of electricity.

9. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member