What do you think off this blower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Oct 5, 2012.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Its echo garbage

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

X2
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know where you got those specs from but they're wrong. The specs listed on the link you provided are 465/195. The ones you gave look more like top of the line model, the 770. It depends on what you intend to do with it really...blowing clippings or leaf cleanups? The 500 seems like a pretty heavy blower to be that weak.

5. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

i went ahead and got the stihl 600 magnum. its a mean one.

6. Darryl G

Grats. They're a good all around blower from what I've seen and heard. Not the most powerfull of the big units but enough to get it done.

7. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Blowers are like trailers, get the biggest that you can with the money you have. This is something that you don't half azz. My first blower was an echo then I bought a Redmax 8001 and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the money I was making and how fast the jobs went by.

8. Darryl G

I agree, especially when it comes to leaf cleanups. The more powerfull the blower the faster you get done. Lets assume you price a job assuming a rate of $50/hr. If you have a blower that gets it done 20% faster, you just gave yourself a 20% raise to $60/hr. Subract out the extra fuel you'e using (maybe $1 to $2/hr) and you're still way ahead.

Where I am there's a very short window of opportunity between the time the leaves drop and when winter sets in. A powerfull blower can make the difference between getting it done and having a happy customer and not getting it done and having to wait until spring = unhappy customer.