What do you think on this bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WishforScagWildcat, Mar 4, 2013.

1. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion I think you should leave it be , for a couple reasons , one price to me sounds way to low , and two you live there????? Really people will be knocking on your door ever time they have a complaint , you buy a new truck then the HOA will want you to mow them for $6 a yard cause obviously you are making to much money off them ???? There is alot of variables missing from your equation but I would stay as far away from this as possible , mixing personal and business a bad idea. My opinion at least , but good luck.

2. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

How should anyone but you know if you can make a profit or not? If they do horrible work bring it up in an hoa meeting and tell them you will do it for the same price or something. I do not underbid just to get work.

3. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

Thanks for all the great info, yea I am unsure. I know they get all the neighbor hoods in the area because their so cheap. they come once a week and hold on Ill get an Image of the area.

4. WishforScagWildcat

from FL

Here it is, all the sold lots and common areas not including future development area.

plat_map.jpg

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

what is this?

6. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Clearly it is a new measurement of monetary value. Haven't you ever seen it before? Get with the times, man.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

:hammerhead:dang i'm getting old.

8. WishforScagWildcat

from FL

yeah sorry a bout that

9. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

You seriously want to underbid someone who, in your own words, is the King of cheap?

Why not race against a Koenigsegg Agera R instead?

No dude if they can't even afford to sharpen their blades you underbid and you won't even have air in your mower tires, come to think of it maybe that's why theirs scalp... But!!! Maybe you should underbid so you can find out how to work for less money than you've ever got paid before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUfkyMCDYhU

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013